Tuesday, June 8, 2010

La Crescent is growing - Bud Break in Grayslake, IL!!!



This, my friends, is a La Crescent grape vine fully engaged in the art of 'Bud Break'.    To be exact, this is 03-2010 La Crescent (Grayslake).  Grabbing as much southern sun as the surrogate parent could give it.

My roommate and I are celebrating the success of the bud break with the following:



A lovely combination, I tell you.  My roommate brought the delicious cheese from the local Strack and Vantil, I brought the Syrah (I actually thought I picked up a bottle of Malbec).  No protests at all with either.  Good conversation, good memories.  The bottle of Syrah was $9.99, from Vas Foremost Liquors (I call it Vas Deferens Liquors).  Bought a Megamillions ticket with the vino.  I'll let you know if I hit the jackpot.

Lots of rain today in Chicago, Illinois.  Lots of slugs and earwigs in my garden.  Trying to figure out the next steps. 

Website for Dona Paula:

http://www.donapaula.com.ar/ingles/index.html

-  Thanks for reading!






Pages