Monday, February 21, 2011

update from Glen Ellyn, IL Monday Feb 21 2011

Took a photo of the vines in Glen Ellyn this morning (Feb 21 2011).  I will be pruning them on Sunday morning, unless there is a tornado that picks me up and sends me off to Oregon or the Russian River Valley for work at a vineyard.  Today the area has received freezing rain.   The temperatures are definitely getting increasingly warmer.  The low tonight is supposed to be 19 degrees Fahrenheit.  That is pretty low, but it is not single digits or temperatures in the negatives.  Little victories.  I am cold as I write this in my apartment, have been all day, actually.  But I know that March is only next week.  Myself and many others are looking forward to the advent of a new month ushering us into the growing season.  How about a picture of the Frontenac and La Crescent vines as they are today?  Here you have it!  Enjoy.


The photo doesn't look like much, other than the product of an amateur doing his best with the smallest budget in the world and less knowledge than now about how to design a setting for a few vines. Anyway, I am excited for the next 12 weeks. Oh what a change we are in for.

Pages