Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Loads of intense weather coming in tonight. Heavy Storms.


Just finished pruning lessons with a vineyard down south/downstate.  Very cool people at that place.  It was really great to get away from the urban complex known as Southeast Logan Square (Chicago, Illinois) and get into a field and feel the winds.  The winds actually started coming from the East, but by day's end the prevailing winds took over from the West.  The temperature was brilliant.  The staff members really got sunburned yesterday when pruning and there was nothing but cloud cover yesterday.  Very wild.  Now I know why I see so many vineyard personnel wearing the long-sleeves and the large-brimmed hats.  I'll have some photos in the coming entries.  Just getting a few things together since arriving back at home.

Noticed the Rhubarb are popping out of the ground yesterday.  My roommate and I are thrilled beyond belief.  I hope it is a good year for that plant because I need some pie.  My roommate is viewing it as a culinary challenge.  She'll do great, always does with the kitchen throwdowns.   Add that word to your Urban Dictionary, y'all.

- Out!


Pages