Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It takes a family to raise Robin chicks

Short on sleep, this is what I have to post for tonight.  This shot, which was a gift from the avian creature, was taken a few days ago - probably Wed May 11, 2011.  I thought there was only the mama hanging around and running the show, but she does have help from another bird.  I am assuming it is a male of the species.  Pretty cool.  They bark quite loud when myself and my roommate, and building mates walk out the door.  They only fly 10 feet away, but they definitely don't feel safe with a walking human nearby.  They abandon shop immediately and then proceed to screech at us in their own birdspeak.




Also, do yourself a favor and watch the documentary 'Merlove', if you are American.  It'll provide a little needed corrective to the lens that pop culture has thrust upon us.  The Europeans seem to be immune to the malady discussed in the documentary.  As well, there seems to be a movie coming out called 'Que Syrah Shiraz'.  I'll try to track some more info down on this one. 



-    Out!!!

Pages