Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Blend from the Garden

Here are a few photos from the garden, apart from the vines. June 2010 was a beautiful month with the Lillies. Just gorgeous colours.




This very last photo is a shot of my most vigourous Fava Bean. Sure, it is excellent that the Fava Bean provided fruit: more beans. But what I am really after is what they do with the injection of nitrogen naturally into the soil. I don't know what this is going to mean for the soils once these run their course, the one bed is almost getting entirely dedicated to Willamette Hops, the suckers are just overwhelming everything. As my friend and I wondered, we hope it doesn't result in anything like what happened with the Kudzu Ivy. There are plenty of worms in the soil, and other insects with many legs to join them in company. The first photo in this batch is of my Tall Joe Pye Weed. According to my records, all of these photos were taken on June 24 2010. The Joe Pye is even taller now!!!! Either way, just putting more photos out there.

Right now the clouds in Waukegan are brilliant. Hopefully I can get out there and snap a few shots before the perfect light departs.

Pages