Saturday, July 10, 2010

just have to begin, again, sometime

Hey Everyone.

I know LOADS  of faithful readers are enjoying this blogulation.  Anyway.  I have some experience to share.  If you find yourself in a situation where you are trying to grow grape vines from cuttings.  And if that situation involves a slow pain-staking process (Meaning:  the vines don't get enough of what is often called 'heat days').  And, if in that situation, one realizes that either the canine or the wind knocks off the top shoot of said vine(s)................Fear not!  However, expect that it will set the vine back in what would have been its potential growth by 4 to 5 weeks. 

The vines will grow, though.  Don't be disheartened. 

Also, another bud break today on a cutting from my parents' Cabernet Sauvignon vine that I pruned in late Feb 2010.  Also, lost a few starts from a Syrah and a Cabernet Sauv cutting.  No matter, these are all good lessons.

Transitioning here folks, in many ways.  Played my last show tonight with one of my bands.  That is out of the way.  Celebrated with a glass of 2-week old Merlot from that Wal-Mart brand bottle costing only $2.99.  I was outside with glass in hand as I mindlessly watered the flowers outside from about 2:05AM until after 3AM.  The first bird sound was at 2:58AM, just so you are aware.  I believe it was the sound of a Robin, across the street in one of the younger maples.  Not certain.  Just a best guess.

Out.   ..........I told you, I needed to start back sometime. 

See you soon with loads of photographs.

Reasons

A record of a young man starting a vineyard from scratch, hoping to change careers and wanting to go with the wine. The nexus of this whole endeavor was a conversation that took place during the winter holidays of 2007. As a result, the first vines were planted in March 2008. Herein lies the tale of experimentation, mistake-making, successes accumulated, the mundane in-between, and joy all throughout. I really just want to live a long, full, and robust life for having enjoyed wonderful wines, and enjoyed, engaged and fostered all of the rest of life's goodness. There will also be photos and reflections on many other items in the garden I keep with my roommate. It all applies. Thanks for reading this blogulation.

Needs

  • An Employment Opportunity as an understudy within the context of vineyard
  • Job at a Vineyard
  • Mentor in Winemaking
  • Internship at a vineyard willing to take me on as an apprentice
  • Did I mention I would love to work at a vineyard, yet?

Light and Darkness

Wheaton, Illinois weather

Chicago weather radar

Monthly Calendar

Contact the Blogulator!

Please send any comments, job/internship/volunteering offers, vineyard recruiting, or feedback to the following:

lifessecondact@gmail.com

We'd love to hear from you. All the best!

Search for Topics Mentioned in This Here Blog

TreeHugger.com webmagazine updates