Thursday, July 15, 2010

I am stoked


I am taking a few pointers from Mackinaw Valley Winery in Mackinaw, IL with this next picture.  I returned back to the urbanstead where I lay my head in Chicago, IL.  In the few days I was gone away at the shrine of the original Cabernet Sauvignon 01-2008 St. Louis vine AND my parents' home, the Syrah vine 01-2009 just took off, so did Syrah 02-2009.  I have been trying to figure out how to deal with the next challenge of determining where the vine goes once it outgrows my little low-budget wooden stake that is keeping it upright.  Well, I have a video to accompany this photo I am providing.  Check them both out.  I'll keep the updates coming with how this turns out, as it is all an experiment.  Also had a face-to-face with 2 rats last night as I was watering the vines.  Jealous, aren't you?  ...



Pages