Friday, May 14, 2010

68 degrees Fahrenheit for a high, 45 degrees for tonight's low





We may have shaken the Sucker Punch Frost Blues after all. Today I woke up and took a couple of snaps of the day's sky. The weather didn't require that I wear shirtsleeves. Brilliant, as yesterday's matters were so turbulent almost all throughout.

Also, after watering the Cabernet Sauvignon cutting that surprised me yesterday, this morning it appears that development of the bud has advanced. I can actually see the variegation of the leaf that will be arriving on the scene when bud break occurs. I attempted a few photos of what I see today, but my camera is not getting a good focus. The readers will just have to trust me on this one.





And back at the garden in Southeast Logan Square, there is another set of leaves coming out on the first of the Syrah vines to grow this year. Things are looking up. I was also listening to the local news on the television (read that with a Spanish voice in your head, ok.?), and I learned that parts of the area received upwards of 3 1/2 inches of rain when the last storm cluster rolled on through the territories here.

Pages