Monday, May 17, 2010

Bud Break!!!!!! Cabernet Sauvignon bud break!!!!




What we have here folks is bud break on my 3rd Cabernet Sauvignon cutting this spring.  Time to dance everyone!  Grab a partner, turn the music up, put on your shoes (or, for Woody Woodpecker fans, take your shoes off for the Sock Hop!), throw on your best dancing clothes.  Time to celebrate another success for this amateur gardener.  I am feeling pretty good about this.  The leaves are remarkable as they are shaped as simply smaller versions of what will come to be very large leaves on the formed vine.

As a matter of fact, I think listening to the song 'Going the Distance' by Cake will be a great way to begin the dance party.  This vineyard is going the distance.  Not too sure about going for speed. We want this to be an endurance effort.  Distance running for this vineyard and these vines.

Very, Very encouraging news.  Also, I received a catalogue from Double A Vineyards out of Fredonia, NY.  Excellent information in that little book.  The folks at Double A have been in the business for 20 years. 

Yesterday I shared a bottle of Pinot Noir with my roommate.  I tried to take some cheezy photos for use as a banner for this blog.  See the photos just beneath.  Totally not done well as there are two glasses of Pinot Noir and two cuttings of Cabernet Sauvignon on the hardwood floor.  The Pinot was a Gallo selection. I purposely tried it because recently I came upon an interview featuring Kai Ryssdal from NPR's Marketplace and Joseph Gallo. Follow the link to listen to the interview:

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2006/11/16/growing_up_in_the_wine_industry/



Pages