Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Black Squirrel on the Prowl

Syrah Grape vine # 2.   These leaves are beautiful.



Syrah Grape vine # 1, good to see how progress has come along since the photos began weeks ago.


As I was watering the Willamette Hops yesterday morning there was a protest from the gallery.  This black squirrel came up the tree from its base and stuck its head up and locked its eyes on me, it felt like two laser beams on my chest as I had hose in hand flowing with gushing water.  I don't think it was too pleased with my presence.  I was able to pull the trusty old camera from my right pocket before he/she darted up the neighbor's tree.



This is Syrah Grape vine # 1 from above the growth.




Mars Seedless grape vine. These leaves are getting big.


This Black Squirrel was seen last year, probably in August or September 2009, in the tree immediately in front of the apartment. Apparently the animal found a mate and the two created a family since then. My roommate reports having seen two offspring in recent weeks.

Pages