Saturday, May 15, 2010

The day after turbulent weather - May 14 2010

I took this shot because of the contrast provided by the Cottonwood Tree, which also happens to be my favorite tree in the Midwest. The skies were pristine in the morning.  A wonderful day after.




I loved this view because it is the story of every tulip:  a short burst of beauty and then they are done for the year (all told, at best, 3 weeks total).  Pretty great how they get the world started in the springtime, but their mission is very pointed and a brief one.








The view of the Second City from the main office.  Pretty great view, only possible the day after a storm rolls on through the area and scours the air.  I am not sure what it looks like at night, I wonder if it rivals Mulholland Drive's view at night.  Never been to Mulholland to check it out.  Taken May 14, 2010 Friday.

Pages