Monday, May 24, 2010

74 degrees at 6:56AM on May 24 2010 Monday



Couple of housekeeping items to update.

List:
1. Correction for www.winemakingradio.com, provide specific link to podcast
2. Eliminate possibility of canine destruction to vine in St. Louis, MO.
3. Wine of the day/weekend.
4. Photo update of Southeast Logan Square garden.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To start, the photo of the black canine is the resident pup at my folks' home.  Apparently Louie is/was a Mother's Day gift from one of my siblings and the respective spouse.  I have yet to meet the pup, but I don't think he can reach the vines up above.  That source of vine destruction is eliminated.   The dog stays.

Also, I actually thought I could go to a more precise page for the podcast I mentioned a few days back with the folks from the University of Minnesota Grape Breeding and Enology Project, but the page only takes one to a list of podcast archives:

http://www.winemakingradio.com/archived2518.html

Wine of the Day/Weekend



Regarding the Bogle Petite Sirah, I think I mentioned that a friend told me that they were beginning to enjoy Petite Sirahs. Thus, I tried to track one of these varietals down for my own bad self. The bottle ran me about $11.99 before tax. With respect to the flavor of the beverage, no complaints. This is probably obvious to most, but I felt like I should've had it with some food to enjoy it properly. The color of the wine was gorgeous in the glass, actually. I do recall having great interest in the depth of the colour as it rested in the glass.

Garden Photos from Sunday May 23, 2010 (Southeast Logan Square - Chicago, IL)
I was a little overwhelmed by the Willamette Hops' growth in recent weeks. These vines are exploding. Note the size of the leaves. READ: Out of CONTROL!!!!!!!!

Gorgeous 2nd Year Clematis. Again, remember, it is only May 23 2010 in this photo. I am so impressed by the growth of these plants. It'll be a great summer of colour, for sure.

Syrah vine # 1. This beaut is completely planted in the wrong place, but danged if I am not going to plow along and get it to grow as best as possible.

Syrah vine # 2. I actually like the entire picture, but the vine is also looking really great as it develops.

Pages